Enel Energy South Africa processes its customers' personal data with the utmost respect and in full compliance with the provisions of the Italian national regulations on privacy, in particular, Legislative Decree No. 196/03.
Where access to and use of services is subordinate to the disclosure of personal data upon registration, in accordance with the instructions given at the time of subscription:
- The acquisition of data that may be requested, is necessary for the stipulation and management of the contract for the provision of the Services indicated in the general contractual conditions and for all subsequent operations of interest to the customer;
- Enel Energy South Africa shall retain the technical data used at login, for the security controls required by law and to improve the quality of services offered, tailoring them to the customer's needs;
- Relating to some specific services and as specified in the General Conditions, included data can be used by Enel SpA also to send out periodic e-mails containing advertising, communications relating to new initiatives and promotional material, internal announcements, promotional , communications related to the services provided or similar services;
- The personal data, collected and stored in Enel Energy South Africa databanks, shall be processed by employees and/or co-workers of the data controller or those persons in charge of processing; these data shall not be shared with or communicated to third parties, except in the instructed cases provided and/or according to law and, also in this case, under the permitted terms ;
- The interested party is entitled to exercise the rights provided under Art. 7 of Leg. Decree No. 196/03 as well as to receive confirmation of the existence of any data which may be of their regard, to receive cancellation notifications following the misuse of data processed in breach of the previously stated law and to be informed of any updates or corrections of the personal data thereof, in accordance with the terms and in the cases provided for by this law. Furthermore, it shall be possible to request the complete removal of data at any time, by exercising the right to withdraw from all services.
Enel SpA., the data controller, may use data for all purposes identified in the briefing. Upon the subscription to or access of the different services, the names of all other data controllers or supervisors shall be communicated.
In order to ensure the proper performance of all connected or instrumental activities for the supply of services, Enel Energy South Africa may communicate personal data to other companies in the Enel Group, when deemed necessary.
By using the portal's services and/or giving approval upon registration, anyone navigating on the site guarantees that the personal data supplied to Enel Energy South Africa is accurate, true and up-to-date. Furthermore, the individual is responsible for updating the registered data, as needed, to ensure that the information is continuously updated, complete and factual.